National Pension Scheme is a mandatory for all central and state government employees who joined in services after 2005. Although the scheme is implemented in 2006, most of the government employees are unknown about the benefit of the same scheme. Hence, this paper highlights functions of national pension scheme and performance of pension fund managers in terms of its return in 2020. ANOVA tool is employed for analyzing differences in return by pension fund managers. The study is concluded that HDFC pension fund gives more return other than pension fund.
Cite this article:
Nandkumar Baburao Bodhgire. National Pension Scheme in India: Functions and Performance. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2021; 12(4):205-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2021.00035
Nandkumar Baburao Bodhgire. National Pension Scheme in India: Functions and Performance. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2021; 12(4):205-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2021.00035 Available on: https://www.rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-4-2
1. Ananth and Balanga Gurnathan (2016), Performance of National Pension Scheme in India, IJRCM, Vol.6, pp 13-16.
2. K. Spremann and Pascal (2000). Approaches to Modern Performance Measurement . Journal of Portfolio Management.
3. S.P. Kothari, Jerold B. Werner (2005) “ Evaluation Mutual Fund Performance”
4. Bijaya Kumar Barik (2015) “ Analysis of Mutual Fund Pension Schemes and National Pension Schemes (NPS) for Retirement Planning “ International Journal of Business and Administration Research Review, Vol. 3 Issue II, July-Sep 2015, page no. 108.
5. Vani Kamath and Dr. Roopali Patil (2017) “ Cost Benefit Analysis of National Pension Scheme” “ International Journal of Management, volume 8, Issue 3, May-June 2017, page no. 156-158
6. Anita and Pankaj Kumar (2014) “ National Pension System Swavalamban Scheme” “ Asian Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, volume 2, Issue 7 July 2014.
7. Krishna Murari (2020) “ Risk-adjusted Performance Evaluation of Pension Fund Managers under Social Security Schemes (National Pension System) of India., Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment.