Thirty-first of August1359is a black history that will never be removed from the historical memory of the Iranians. Because in this day Baath government in Iraq, began a full-scale aggression against the country's land-air and sea, people, and government, but without any apparent reason, without notice and without even giving a chance to civilians to leave the war scene. Conflict occurs with a lot of effects and consequences, and one of the consequences of war is capturing forces of a party by the other one. Captured is said to a person who is imprisoned during participating in armed conflict. During the8-year Iran-Iraq war, many Iranian captives were sent to prisons in Iraq and the transfer code to the country after the war, began in year 1369andlasted to 1381.Legal documents, such as the 1949 Geneva Convention, Articles of Association of the International Criminal Court, the pro-government party, the International Committee of the Red Cross.... and human rights protection are the most important mechanisms in support of captives in international law.
Cite this article:
Mehran Asadzadeh. An Elaboration on the Violated Rights of the Iranian War Captives in Iraq. Research J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 6(2): April-June, 2015, 149-152 doi: 10.5958/2321-5828.2015.00020.0
Mehran Asadzadeh. An Elaboration on the Violated Rights of the Iranian War Captives in Iraq. Research J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 6(2): April-June, 2015, 149-152 doi: 10.5958/2321-5828.2015.00020.0 Available on: https://www.rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2015-6-2-14
1. Project of an international declaration concerning the laws and customs of war. brussels, 27 august 1874.
2. Convention (IV) respect in the laws and custom of war on land and its annex:regulation concerning the laws and customs of war on land. The hague, 18 october 1907.
3. Article 4, Geneva Convention III and Articles 43 & 44 of Additional Protocol I
4. Articles 4 & 6, Geneva Convention III and Articles 41, 44 & 54 of Additional Protocol I
5. Articles 12,13 & 14, Geneva Convention III
6. Article 15, Geneva Convention III
7. Articles 19 & 20, Geneva Convention III
8. Articles 17 & 18, Geneva Convention III
9. Common Article I, Geneva Conventions
10. Article 130, Geneva Convention III
11. Article 15, Geneva Convention I; Article 18, Geneva Convention II; Article 12, Geneva Convention III; Article 16, Geneva Convention IIII; and Articles 41, Additional Protocol I
12. Article 23, Hague Laws
13. Official Statements dated 09/05/1983 & 13/02/1984
14. Visit Reports of Mosel 2 Prison (09/11/1983 to 11/11/1983)
15. Visit Reports of Mosel 2 Prison (23/05/1984 to 25/05/1984)
16. Official Statements, 9/05/1983 & 13/02/1984
17. International Committee of Red Cross Report, Ettelaat Newspaper, No. 16572, May 1981
18. R-1093, ICRC report on visit to prisoner of war camp romadi 1,26,27 and 28 July 1981 at para.20.