In this review article the author argues that complete presentation of various Ancient Indian methods can reduce the stress and related mental and physical illnesses like Stress anxiety, depression etc. Life is neither Possible to overcome safely. These methods are increasing in Physical and mental health and reducing stress is an important stimulus of human growth and creativity as well an inevitable part of life.
Cite this article:
Balaji Deekshitulu P V. Ancient Indian Methods for Stress Relaxation. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2020; 11(4):350-354. doi: 10.5958/2321-5828.2020.00055.8
Balaji Deekshitulu P V. Ancient Indian Methods for Stress Relaxation. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2020; 11(4):350-354. doi: 10.5958/2321-5828.2020.00055.8 Available on: https://www.rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-4-14
1. Aki Yazawa, Yosuke Inoue, Dandan L, Jianwei Du, Yuming Jin, Yan Chen, Masaru Nishitani, Chiho Watanabe and Masahiro Umezaki (2014) Impact of lifestyle changes on stress in a modernizing rural population in Hainan Island, China, American Journal of Human BiologyVolume 26, Issue 1, pages 36–42.
2. Annavajhula J.C. Bose and A. Chinmayee Meghan (2014) Overcoming Psychiatric Disturbances: ANote, Reviews of Progress; 1 (48): 8.
3. Anita Verma, Sanjay Uddhav Shete, Gururaj Doddoli(2020) Impact of Residential Yoga Training on Occupational Stress and Health Promotion in Principals, J Educ Health Promot doi: 10.4103/jehp.jehp_394_19.
4. Balaji P.V Deekshitulu (2015) Role of mantras in mental health, IJAYUSH, Vol 4, No 2.
5. Balaji DPV (2017). Stress management for mantra techniques. MOJ Yoga Physical Ther.; 2(2):42-43.
6. Balaji Deekshitulu P.V (2014) stress reduction through indian classical music, Innovare Journal of Health Sciences, Vol 2, Issue 2, 4-8.
7. Balaji Deekshitulu P.V (2014) Healing of Chakras Meditation on Psychological Stress, IJPP, Volume 5, no 4.
8. Balaji Deekshitulu P.V(2016) Effects of Mudra therapy among stress relief, AJCAM, 04(12), 01-3.
9. Balaji Deekshitulu P.V(2016) Stress and Massage, IJHS, Volume 04, Issue 2.
10. Balaji Deekshitulu P V. (2016) Safe Lives for Stress Full Life, Sch. Acad. J. Pharm., March 2016; 5(3):62-65.
11. Balaji Deekshitulu PV (2017) "Meditation and Positive Mental Health", JPCB, https://gavinpublishers.com/
12. Balaji Deekshitulu P V (2018) Indian Ragas for treating health problems, ijmf, 1:1
13. Balaji Deekshitulu (2019) Health for Mudra therapy, GJR, 1:1 https://escipub.com/Articles/GJR/GJR-2019-02-1605.
14. Balaji Deekshitulu P V (2019) Physical and Mental Health for Indian Classical Dance, AJHC, 2-9.
15. Balaji Deekshitulu PV (2020) Diet and Metal health, ASNH, Voume 4: Issue 3.
16. Brewitt, B, Vittetoe, T, Hartwell. (1997). The efﬁcacy of Reiki hands-on healing: improvements in spleen and nervous system function as quantiﬁed by electrodermal screening. Alternative Therapies, 3(4). http://www.asunam.com/ efﬁcacy_of_reiki_hands.htm.
17. Charaka Samhita (text with English translation). Varanasi: Chaukhambha Orientalia; 2008.
18. Chouhan, Swati, Kumar, Sanjiv (2011) Comparative Study between Effectiveness of Dance Movement Therapy and Progressive Relaxation Therapy with Music for Stress Management in College Students. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy; Vol. 5 Issue 2, p172- 175.
19. Devanand Upadhyay (2014) An Approach to Healthy Life through Yoga in Ayurveda, International Journal of Research, Issn(online)2348-6848.
20. Deekshitulu Balaji (2013) Stress Management Through Ayurveda, IAMJ: Volume 1; Issue 4.
21. Deekshitulu (2014) Vedic life style in stress control, Innovare Journal of Health Sciences, Vol 2, Issue 2, 2014, 1-32.
22. Diane Wind Wardell (2001) Biological correlates of Reiki Touch sm healing, Journal of Advanced Nursing 33(4), 439±445.
23. Fatemeh Nazari, Mojtaba Mirzamohamadi, Hojatollah Yousefi (2015) The effect of massage therapy on occupational stress of Intensive Care Unit nurses, Iranian journal of nursing and midwifery research 20(4):508-15.
24. Françoise Labrique-Walusis, Kathy Keister, Anne C Russell (2010) Massage Therapy for Stress Management, Researchgate, 29(4):254-7
25. Giuseppe La Torre, Antonino Raffone, Margherita Peruzzo, Lucia Calabrese, Rosario Andrea Cocchiara, Valeria D’Egidio, Pasquale Fabio Leggieri, Barbara Dorelli, Salvatore Zaffina, Alice Mannocci (2020) Yoga and Mindfulness as a Tool for Influencing Affectivity, Anxiety, Mental Health, and Stress among Healthcare Workers, J. Clin. Med., 9(4), 1037.
26. Govind Saraswati and Sonali Dixit (2018) Music therapy: An approach for Stress Management, https://www.researchgate.net/
28. Heather Kennedy, Katherine Reed, Marianne Z. Wamboldt (2014) Staff perceptions of complementary and alternative therapy integration into a child and adolescent psychiatry program; The Arts in Psychotherapy, Volume 41, Issue 1, Pages 21–26.
29. Huberty J, Green J, Glissmann C, Larkey L, Puzia M, Lee C (2019) Efficacy of the Mindfulness Meditation Mobile App “Calm” to Reduce Stress Among College Students: Randomized Controlled Trial JMIR Mhealth Uhealth; 7(6): e14273
30. Indradeep kaur(2015) Stress management through chanting mantra, Stress Management Summit July 13-15, 2015 Philadelphia, USA.
31. Jaylee K. Oliver (2020) Mindful yoga as a means of reducing college student stress, https://scholar.utc.edu/honors-theses/243/
32. Iyengar BKS (2001) Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health. London, England: Dorling Kindersley.
33. Jaydeep Chakraborty, (2006) Stress Management using Indian Classical Music; Conference proceedings of the 1st International Conference, 15. Nada Centre for Music Therapy, Chennai, India;
34. Kamakhya Kumar (2014) Effect of Mantra on Mental Health, Nature and Wealth, Vol. VI No 1. 10.
35. Kuladeep singh (2015) hatha mudra’s and respiratory system, IJPESH, 1(6), 83-86.
36. Lalitha Ramakrishna (2006) Rhythm as Vitalising Tonic; Conference proceedings of the 1st International Conference, 15. Nada Centre for Music Therapy, Chennai, India
37. Lisc Rusczy kL; 50 Things to Know To Live a Stress Free Life: Reduce Stress and Relax, Amazon Digital Services, Inc, 2013.
38. Madhav Goyal, Sonal Singh, Erica M. S. Sibinga (2014) Meditation Programs for Psychological Stress and Well-being, JAMA Intern Med, 174(3):357-368.
39. Mohini (2015) Mudras for women in enhencing the level of oorrpgh, IJHSSI, 4(6), 31-35.
40. Manpreet Kaur (2017) Effect of Yoga and Meditation on Stress Management of Female Prisoners In Delhi, Recent Innovations in Science, Technology, Management and Environment, Volume: Vol. No.5, Issue No. 12
41. Manocha, D. Black, J. Sarris. and C. Stough (2011) A Randomized, Controlled Trial of Meditation for Work Stress, Anxiety and Depressed Mood in Full-Time Workers, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/960583/
42. Ogba, Francisca N, Ede, Moses O. Onyishi, Charity N.Agu, Patricia U.Ikechukwu-Ilomuanya, Amaka B. Igbo, Janet N. Egenti, Nkechi, Manafa, Ifeyinwa, Amoke, Chijioke, Nwosu, Nneka C. Omeke, Faith C. Nwafor, Bernedeth N. Amadi, Kingsley C. Nwokenna, Edith N.Ugwoke, Samuel C (2019) Effectiveness of music therapy with relaxation technique on stress management as measured by perceived stress scale, https://journals.lww.com/
43. Paula D, Luís P, Olívia RP, João SM (2017) Aromatherapy in the Control of Stress and Anxiety. Altern Integr Med 6: 248.
44. Raj Kotwal, C. Z. Rinchhen, and Vishwajeet V. Ringe (1998) Stress Reduction Through Listening to Indian Classical Music During Gastroscopy; Diagn Ther Endosc.; 4(4): 191–197.
45. Rodriguez AH (2013) Music therapy as an adjuvant therapeutic tool in medical practice: an evidence-based summary. OA Evidence-Based Medicine; 01;1(1):2.
46. Sachin Kumar Srivastava and archana sharma (2014) Impact of Stress on Front Line/Business Management Executives and IT's Solution, Social Science Electronic Publishing.
47. Sasidharan K Rajesh, Judu V Ilavarasu, TM Srinivasan, HR Nagendra (2014) Stress and its expression according to contemporary science and ancient indian wisdom: perseverative cognition and the Pañca kośas, INDIAN AND WESTERN PERSPECTIVES: Volume: 12 | Issue: 1 | Page: 139-152
48. Sayuri M. Naruse (2019) Effects of couples positive massage programme on wellbeing, perceived stress and coping, and relation satisfaction, HPBM, Volume 7: issue 1.
49. Shiv Gautam and Nikhil Jain (2010) Indian culture and psychiatry, Indian J Psychiatry; 52(Suppl1): S309–S313.
50. Shri Kanta Murthy (1993) Madhava Nidanam, (Translaton), Chaukhamba Orientalia, Varanasi, India, 1993, pp. iii-xv.
51. Sushruta Samhita (3rd or 4th century AD), Astaghridayam, Sutrastharam Chapter I.P.V Sharma (1981) Caraka Samhita (text with English translation), Chaukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi, India.
52. Sushruta Samhita, (translation), Chaukhamba Orientalia, Varanasi, India, 1991, pp. iii-lxvi (I), i-xvii (II) 3 Volumes
53. Sundaram, K. Dr. (1993) ―Manoroga Chikitsa in Ayurveda, Aryavaidyasala, Kottakkal. P. 10.
54. Vandanasharma (2016) stress management strategies: insights from bhartiya wisdom, http://ssrn.com.
55. Verma, Nidhi; Singh, Ajay (2014) Stress management and eoping embedded in the Bhagwad Gita, Indian Journal of Health and Wellbeing, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p520-522. 3p.