Modern organizations must respond to an increased pace of the workplace, and the nature of executives’ tasks is increasingly complex. We know that many leadership dimensions have a causal relationship with desirable organizational outcomes, and that the foundational pillars of leadership, such as shared values and vision, talent development, change management, and reward and recognition, will likely continue to drive these outcomes. However, how we lead in these areas is changing. This paper provides a comprehensive analysis of the contribution of studies on leadership and digitalization, identifying patterns of thought and findings across various social science disciplines, such as management and psychology. Specifically, the present article reviews the literature on how the advent of digital technologies has changed leaders and leadership roles.
Cite this article:
Khushboo Taneja. Devising Sustainable Growth in the Organisation through Digital Leadership. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2021; 12(3):179-1. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2021.00029
Khushboo Taneja. Devising Sustainable Growth in the Organisation through Digital Leadership. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2021; 12(3):179-1. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2021.00029 Available on: https://www.rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-3-10
1. Cortellazzo, L., Bruni, E., and Zampieri, R. (2019). The role of leadership in a digitalized world: A review. Frontiers in psychology, 10, 1938.
2. Hapha, Y., and Somprach, K. (2019). A Study of Digital Leadership and Creative Leadership that affect Innovation in Thai Higher Education. Journal of Critical Reviews, 6(4), 37-41.
3. Eberl, J. K., and Drews, P. (2021). Digital Leadership‒Mountain or Molehill? A Literature Review.
4. Sheninger, E. (2019). Digital leadership: Changing paradigms for changing times. Corwin Press.
5. Petrucci, T., and Rivera, M. (2018). Leading growth through the digital leader. Journal of Leadership Studies, 12(3), 53-56.
6. Kane, G. C., Phillips, A. N., Copulsky, J., and Andrus, G. (2019). How digital leadership is (n't) different. MIT Sloan Management Review, 60(3), 34-39.
7. Petry, T. (2018). Digital leadership. In Knowledge Management in Digital Change (pp. 209-218). Springer, Cham.
8. Wagner, D. J. (2018). Digital leadership. Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden.
9. McLeod, S. (2015). The challenges of digital leadership. Independent School, 74(2), n2.