This paper discuss some of the problems of public libraries and their role in digital era with some possible solution for improving their states. In India majority of people live in rural areas and new technologies are not accessible from remote villages, therefore a wide-gapes has been evolved between the libraries of knowledge haves and knowledge have-notes. Today internet and web technologies open up new ways of interactive communication between public libraries and the civil societies. So we can say a proposal for ICT driven public libraries for Indian states with suitable library extension programmes to help the entire rural as well as urban community especially unprivileged masses.
Cite this article:
Satish Kumar. The Public Libraries in India: A Scenario. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2022;13(1):55-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2022.00010
Satish Kumar. The Public Libraries in India: A Scenario. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 2022;13(1):55-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5828.2022.00010 Available on: https://www.rjhssonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-1-10
2. Donald G. Davis Jr. libraries and culture, Vol. 25, No.4 PP.575-589
3. Wani Zahid Ashraf. ‘’Development of public library in India (2008) library philosophy and practice (e-journal)165
4. Espranza S.M(1999) Public libraries academic libraries. Jaipur.printwell.
5. RRRLF(2016)’’organisation chart’’ available at:http\\rrrlf.
6. AK DAS, information literacy and public libraries in India core
7. Chitrarekha Kuffalikar, Restructuring Rural libraries: Basic Consideration